New team member needed!
Zenkora is a massive arts initiative that uses various art mediums to illustrate an original fantasy universe. We have the pleasure to host the first official concert in Canada this coming fall and in doing so, want to show our audience the collaborative works of local artists of all mediums. A truly innovative multimedia production - the Zenkora Concert involves a full symphony orchestra, ballet, theatre, animation and film, poetry and narration, voiceovers and sound effects, and an abundance of visual art. What we offer is a brand new live fantasy experience. We aim to bring our initiative to cities all over North America.
More about our 2017 rendition, "Zenkora: The Seven Eras" here!
Our team is seeking a new team member who is passionate about creativity and the arts, about sc-ifi and fantasy. We're looking for an enthusiastic teammate who is dedicated to promote the core mission of Zenkora.
Approximately 30 hours of work over the span of 2 weeks starting from September 1, 2017 . Flexible hours, work can be done from home. Possibility of continuing with Zenkora Studios after event marketing period ends.
Compensation: $300.00 CAD
Application deadline: September 6, 2017 11:59PM MST
- developing strategies to increase event attendance
- coordinating online campaigns
- managing social media communications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and increasing social media recognition and awareness
- targeting social media interest groups to increase event attendance
- drafting newsletters and press releases
- contacting and coordinating media relations including blogs, newspapers, and radio
- contacting schools, faculty, and other arts organizations to attract audiences
- marketing event to target audiences
- actively identify marketing and promotion opportunities
- putting up posters and promotional materials around the Calgary area
- 1-2 years marketing experience (or equivalent involvement with managing/marketing creative projects)
- educated with marketing/business degree or currently enrolled in a relevant degree program
- ability to organize and prioritize own workload
- excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- ability to find imaginative and practical solutions and make well-considered decisions
- enthusiastic and collaborative attitude
- self-starting, confident individual able to perform in an entrepreneurial environment that demands flexibility with limited supervision
- excellent communicative and interpersonal skills to be able to effectively/professional form relationships with potential audience groups
- understanding of the mission and goals of the organization and use creative processes and ideas to deliver effective marketing results
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org the following materials:
- cover letter
- one professional reference
- 250-word response to the following question, "Why do you want to join the Zenkora team and how do you plan to promote our unique 2017 event?"